Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Poll Results!

The last poll asked which member of the Justice League was your favorite... There were 10 possible choices, and here's it turned out:

First place (with 38% of the vote) Aquaman!


I would have been surprised if my favorite hero hadn't come in first, as this blog is very Aqua-centric. I'm sure part of what draws visitors here are my Aqua-related items. It's also nice to know that I'm not the only one who thinks Aquaman is the coolest!

Second place (with 14% of the vote) Green Lantern!


I was a little surprised Green Lantern came in second place, as I thought other members would place higher. As a long-standing JLA member, I expected him to do fairly well, but did not anticipate a second place finish! I wonder if the popularity of the Sinestro Corps War and the relaunched Green Lantern book play into this?

Third place is a 3-way tie! Welcome Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter, and Wonder Woman, who each garnered 9% of the vote! Frankly, I didn't expect any of these characters to wind up in one of the top three spots, but that just shows you what I know!


Green Arrow was the first non-charter member of the Justice League. Denny O'Neil transformed the Emerald Archer into a liberal superhero in the pages of Green Lantern/Green Arrow. That characterization continues today and has always added liveliness to those boring meetings in the Justice League's satellite HQ.


While not my favorite, I have come to like the Martian Manhunter. When I started reading the Justice League of America, the Manhunter had left the League and didn't reappear until shortly before Crisis on Infinite Earths, so it seemed kind of odd in the 90's when he's referred to as the 'heart and soul of the Justice League'. He next appeared as part of the 'Bwaa-Haaa-Haaa' Justice League by Keith Giffen, J.M. DeMatteis, and Kevin Maguire. Rumor has it the Martian Manhunter will be a casualty in the upcoming Final Crisis mini-series.


Wonder Woman is the first of the 'Big Three' characters at DC Comics to place in the poll. (For those wondering, the other two are Superman and Batman). I know Wonder Woman has fans, but was surprised by the support she received. I suppose this is a good time to remind you that results of this poll reflect the popularity of heroes according to the visitors of my blog, and not the popularity of these heroes in general.

Next up, a 4-way tie for fourth place! Atom, Batman, Black Canary, and Flash each end up with 4% of the vote.




Batman and Flash were founding members of the Justice League, and the Atom and Black Canary joined the team very early on. I honestly expected the Flash and Batman to be more popular than they show in this poll.



And finally (and perhaps most surprisingly!) coming in dead last with no votes whatsoever, is Superman.


I really expected the original superhero to do better than he did, but that's the way the chips fall sometimes. As I've mentioned before, people coming to this blog are most likely fans of the less popular heroes, as my comics entries generally focus on Aquaman.

Thanks for voting and check out the new poll, this time with a Star Trek theme!

No comments: